Sign up ×
Economics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional and academic economists and analysts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I wanted to know what is the formal name of the (gain/cost)x100 ratio calculation (growth rate perhaps?). Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

share|improve this question
Is the gain in your ratio a net gain or a gross gain? – Ubiquitous Apr 13 at 12:34

2 Answers 2

up vote 2 down vote accepted

You could call it a benefit–cost ratio.

share|improve this answer

You could refer to it as the 'Relative Gain', possibly.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.