I believe everyone has experienced something like the following once in her or his life :
- There is a cake on the table and three people to share it.
- The three people each eat a quarter of the cake.
- They wait.
- After some time, brave miss 1 eats another eighth.
- After some more time, bold mister 2 cuts another 16th and eats it.
- Then miss 3 cuts another 32th and eats it.
Is this kind of behavior where people do not want to grab the last part of the pie (i.e., social endowment) documented in experimental economics?