I want to inflation adjust some values from China.

The values are the values in a given year. I have them both in Chinese Yuan and American dollars for a given year.

Now, there is no CPI data for China further back in time than 1985. America has great CPI data which goes longer back in time so my question is. Since I have the dollar values in a given year can I inflation adjust using the American CPI or do I have to settle on not being able to adjust further back in time than 1985?



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.