I'm looking to learn more in detail about the situations and actions that setup the sub-prime mortgage crisis. In particular I'm looking for an authoritative book or books that provides a multifaceted approach such as
- overview of the tools that were used (such as mortgage backed securities (MBS), collateralized debt obligations (CDO)).
- Role of investment banks and predatory lending techniques.
- Role of derivatives of the securities.
- Role of government regulations and government entities (Fannie mae freedie mac).
- Role of crediting agencies such as Moodys S&P
- Role of regulators (SEC) and how they failed to see the bubble.
- Role of federal reserve.
- What were the economic indicators that were picked up by people who saw the bubble early on?
I would appreciate if someone could tell me about books that provide a generic overview and books that go into great depth