New answers tagged


For negative values alone you can define relative change as: $$\frac{X_t-X_{t-1}}{|X_{t-1}|}$$ This is quite common way to deal with rates of change when you have negative numbers. However, when the denominator is zero then the growth rate is not defined. This can solve any issue when zero is not a base. When zero is the base unfortunately there is no way ...

Top 50 recent answers are included